LOCAL SAILING REGATTAS
Queensland Youth Week is proudly hosted by Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron with support from Australian Sailing. The regatta is held annually in July with organisers doing their best to ensure an even overlap with each state’s school holidays. Competitors race on the beautiful waters of Waterloo Bay on the bayside suburb of Manly in Brisbane, Queensland.
The 54th Annual Sabot Championships will be held at the Darling Point Sailing Squadron in December 2017/January 2018.
The Opti Nationals will be held at the Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron in January 2018.
During special events bookings generally can only be made directly with the Manly Marina Cove Motel. Phone 07 3348 1000 or email email@example.com
MOTEL ROOM TERMS
- Minimum 5 night booking;
- First nights’ tariff required at time of booking as a non refundable deposit;
- Balance of 50% payment will be required two months prior to check in;
full payment requiredone month prior to check in.
- Peak Tariffs apply per night – Studio Ground (2pax) $180, Studio First Floor (2pax) $190, Family Ground (3pax) $230, Family First (3pax) $245, Commodore Suite (2pax) $230.
- Extra persons at $30 per night (Child 12 years and under as of 30 June 2017 at $15 per night). Maximum occupancy limits apply.
SELF CONTAINED ACCOMMODATION TERMS
WEEKENDER COTTAGE & PAVILION APARTMENTS
- Minimum 7 night booking;
- 50% deposit required at time of booking – non refundable (if booking is amended or cancelled, if the property can be relet, all but the first nights’ tariff can be refunded);
- Full payment required one month prior to check in.
- Peak Tariffs apply – Weekender Cottage @ $320 per night (max 6 persons),
- Manly Pavilion Apartments @ $400 per night (3 main bedrooms – 5 persons) , extra persons $30.
JAN POWERS FRESH FARMERS MARKET
1st and 3rd Saturday of each month – Little Bayside Park, Manly
Like it fresh? Like it local? Like to support the grower? Check out the Jan Powers Farmers Markets on the 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month where the sounds, smells and tastes of picked the day before fresh produce tantalize the senses of thousands of happy market goers as they enjoy the bustling carnival atmosphere of this market right on the harbour front.
Wednesday Afternoon Go Sailing (WAGS)
Each Wednesday from midday – Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron
Every Wednesday of every week (weather permitting), enthusiastic yachties take the afternoon off work and venture to RQYS for a sail around Green Island, just for the fun of it!
Rearrange your schedule and get on down to the RQ Bar from 12 noon to enter your yacht, or register your interest to sail. Our WAGS Team will do their best to place visiting sailors on a yacht, however cannot guarantee that a position will be available. Non-members are able to join in with WAGS three (3) times before they are required to become a member of the Squadron.